3) Dr. John Collingwood ( Richard Towers) — The Last House on The Left (1974)
Wes Craven’s The Last House on the Left — Courtesy of Sean S. Cunningham Films
More from Horror Movies
- Godzilla Minus One makes the King of the Monsters terrifying again
- A Creature Was Stirring scares up yuletide frights
- Pig Killer (2023): A morally ambiguous dive into shock cinema
- Onyx the Fortuitous and the Talisman of Souls: Demonically fun times
- Tobin Bell stars in new horror movie The Cello
Protecting our list at number three is Dr. John Collingwood from Wes Craven’s The Last on the Left. After his daughter has a chance run-in with some escape prisoners, lead by serial killer rapist Krug Stillo, Mari is senselessly murdered by the gang. Unwittingly preparing his daughter a surprise party, Collingwood lets the killers crash at the family home unaware these people just killed his daughter.
Ultimately, John finds out who the satanic group really is and what they’ve done to his baby girl. The leads to an all-out war for revenge. Now two families, one good and one evil (mostly), battle for survival. Eventually John and Krug have it out, with Collingwood killing the psycho with a chainsaw. Sure, his daughter was already dead, but a real father makes anyone pay who hurts his kids.