The Amityville Harvest trailer from Lionsgate dropped yesterday. Here is what we noticed about this new film in the iconic franchise.
The Amityville Harvest is the latest entry in the iconic franchise that began in 1979 when The Amityville Horror starring James Brolin and Margot Kidder hit movie screens. Based on a bestselling book by Jay Anson, the film quickly became a box office success.
Everyone knows the tale of the Lutz family who moved into the home of their dreams only to vacate the premises in 30 days because of off the chart demonic activity. Prior to their residency, a terrible tragedy occurred when Ronald DeFeo, Jr. murdered his family in cold blood.
Yesterday, Lionsgate dropped the trailer for The Amityville Harvest. Here are a few things that we noticed.
- We return to the legendary Long Island town where the original terror began. This time the story takes place in a dilapidated Victorian mansion that serves as a funeral home owned by the extremely creepy, Vincent Miller (Kyle Lowder).
- Apparently, Miller has a story to tell so he opens his doors to allow a production crew run by Christina Weingarden (Sadie Katz) to document his family’s history which dates back to the Civil War. What is interesting is that his voice can’t be heard on film and his image can’t be captured either.
- There is a shot of Vincent with fangs and the DVD cover depicts someone holding a cross in front of him. Is he a vampire? He is suspiciously pale.
- Does “harvest” refer to extracting organs? After all, several scenes depict someone running after people in a bloody lab coat and black latex gloves.
- This could be a combination of horror stories. In addition to vampires, the house does appear to be haunted plus throw in the Hostel like gore…
The Amityville Harvest will be released on DVD, digital and On Demand just in time for Halloween on Oct. 20.
Let us know what you think of The Amityville Harvest trailer in the comments.