‘Alien’ Day, a day celebrating all things based on the Ridley Scott franchise, is tomorrow; to bring in the festivities Fright Rags, Reebok, and a host of other retail outlets will feature exclusive items to honor the legendary franchise .
Somebody call the mother Alien, she’ll want to get her slimy hands on some of these!
With Alien Day tomorrow- the date is 4/26 in honor of the exmoon LV-426, where the xenomorphs were first found in Ridley Scott’s 1979 original classic, many retailers are stepping up and will feature one of a kind items that any hardcore Alien fan would.
Among them, Fright Rags will be releasing an exclusive design limited to 426 pieces (very cleaver Fright Rags) that any fan should make it a point to pick up. Well, 426 of you will get one. Designed by Dan Mumford, you can check out the exclusive design below:
On top of that, Reebok, one of the world’s leading shoe makers, will be releasing limited pairs of Reebok stompers to celebrate the Alien franchise. Mirroring what the company did with last year’s Back to the Future day, the limited shoes are likely to sell out in no time so be sure to get a pair as quick as possible.
You can enter to win a free pair, or buy them yourself. Either way, you’ll want to get these once-in-a-life-time shoes that will be highly sought out collectors items. Check out the shoes below:
Still have an appetite for more Alien merchandise? According to Comingsoon.net, The following outlets will have these item’s to ring in Alien Day as well. Those various items are:
– NECA‘s first ever Lieutenant Vasquez (Jenette Goldstein) and Newt (Carrie Henn) figures as well as the release of a Kenner toy-Inspired Ellen Ripley figure
– Funko LLC‘s Aliens Queen & Power Loader and Ripley figure set in the tradition of their wildly-popular ReAction retro action figure series
– Dark Horse Comics will expound upon Brian Wood and Tristan Jones’ ongoing Aliens comic book series with exclusive covers for participating retailers and a deluxe 30th anniversary hardcover version of the original Aliens series from 1986
– Titan Books launches the brand-new novel Alien: Invasion (The Rage War book 2) by Tim Lebbon
– Available on Audible; a brand new audio drama, Alien: Out of the Shadows – starring Rutger Hauer (Blade Runner) in his first audio role, Matthew Lewis (Harry Potter series) and Corey Johnson (The Bourne Ultimatum) is a terrifying fight for survival and an intense struggle between human and artificial intelligence
More from Horror News
- Shudder Original Terrified: Poltergeist or Dimensional Beings?
- Genre actress Frances Sternhagen passes away at age 93
- Why Drag Me to Hell is more than a horror film for Sam Raimi
- Totally Killer marks the return of final girl horror
- AMC Networks ups the ante on horror with Comic Con New York contributions
– Fox Digital Entertainment, in partnership with Zen Studios, will launch three digital Alien pinball tables via iTunes, Google Play, PlayStation Network, XBOX Live and Steam.
– Together with Dark Horse Comics, DC Entertainment will re-release the fan-favorite Batman vs Alien comics for the first time in over a decade
– The Upper Deck Company will launch Aliens Anthology Collector Trading Cards and an “Aliens Vs” Trading Card Game system
– Hot Toys will announce an all-new Alien Ripley 1/6th figure
– Kotobukiya unleashes an assortment of highly-detailed collectables, including a 1:10 scale Warrior Drone ARTFX+ statue from Aliens and mini “Big Chap” figurines
– Insight Editions will release the trade edition of the Weyland-Yutani Report
– Sideshow Collectibles will debut an all-new Alien Internecivus Raptus Statue
– Super 7 has developed several toys in honor of Alien Day, including Alien Muscle figures on card, an Alien ReAction carrying case with exclusive Alien figure, a Nostromo playset Kit Bash kit, a Japanese vinyl Queen and Aliens Glassware
– Loot Crate will launch a limited-edition Aliens 30th Anniversary crate on 4/26 filled with exclusive merchandise, collectibles and more from all core licensee partners
– Japan-based toy company Medicom Toy will release a VCD (vinyl super deformed) Alien figure and a retro style Aliens figure via Diamond Comics
– USAopoly will launch a pair of classic board games with a twist: Yahtzee Alien vs Predator and Clue: Alien vs Predator
– Hollywood Collectibles will release a large-scale model of the Derelict from Alien, molded from an original model that H.R. Giger created for an exhibition in Las Vegas
And last, but not least, the famous Alamo Drafthouse theater will be hosting a screening, as well as actively participating in many other showings across America, of Ridley Scott’s Alien to celebrate the franchise. Only certain theaters will be showing the classic film, but if you’re around one of these theaters, make sure you check it out tomorrow.
Love the Alien franchise? Plan on celebrating Alien Day? Let’s know what you’re doing to celebrate, or if you plan on picking up any of the items about, and let’s celebrate the legendary franchise together.