After debuting over 40 years ago, Wes Craven’s iconic The Last House of the Left is coming home in a stunning 2-disc set from Arrow Video.
Get ready to enter The Last House on the Left..
According to DVD Active, your shelves better have some vacancy. Coming this Spring, Arrow Video is bring Wes Craven’s The Last House on the Left home in a stunning 2-disc set. Packed with hours of archival and new supplements, including a never-before-seen interview with star David Hess, this set looks to be doing Craven’s classic right. The set streets May 29.
Get some keys made for your new home and check out the artwork/special features below:
More from Horror News
- Shudder Original Terrified: Poltergeist or Dimensional Beings?
- Genre actress Frances Sternhagen passes away at age 93
- Why Drag Me to Hell is more than a horror film for Sam Raimi
- Totally Killer marks the return of final girl horror
- AMC Networks ups the ante on horror with Comic Con New York contributions
ARROW SET FEATURES:
- Three cuts of the film newly restored in 2K from original film elements
- Original Uncompressed Mono Audio
- Optional English subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing
- Double-sided poster featuring original and newly commissioned artwork
- 6 x lobby card reproductions
- Limited edition perfect-bound book featuring new writing on the film by author Stephen Thrower
- Reversible sleeve featuring original and newly commissioned artwork by Paul Shipper
DISC ONE – THE UNCUT VERSION:
- High Definition Blu-ray (1080p) presentation of the Uncut Version
- Brand new audio commentary by podcasters Bill Ackerman and Amanda Reyes
- Archival audio commentary with writer/director Wes Craven and producer Sean S. Cunningham
- Archival audio commentary with stars David Hess, Marc Sheffler and Fred Lincoln
- Junior’s Story – a brand new interview with actor Marc Sheffler
- Marc Sheffler in Conversation at the American Cinematheque
- Brand new interview with wardrobe and make-up artist Anne Paul
- Songs in the Key of Krug – never-before-seen archive interview with David Hess
- Celluloid Crime of the Century – archival documentary featuring interviews with Wes Craven, Sean S. Cunningham, actors David Hess, Fred Lincoln, Jeramie Rain, Marc Sheffler and Martin Kove
- Still Standing: The Legacy of The Last House on The Left – archival interview with Wes Craven
- Scoring Last House on the Left – archival interview with actor/composer David Hess
- It’s Only a Movie: The Making of The Last House on the Left – archival documentary
- Forbidden Footage – the cast and crew of Last House on the film’s most controversial sequences
- Deleted Scene
- Outtakes and Dailies
- Trailers, TV Spot & Radio Spots
- Image Gallery
DISC TWO – THE ‘KRUG & COMPANY’ & R-RATED CUTS
- High Definition Blu-ray (1080p) presentation of the Krug and Company and R-rated cuts of the film
- The Craven Touch – brand new featurette bringing together interviews with a number of Wes Craven’s collaborators, including Sean S. Cunningham, composer Charles Bernstein, producer Peter Locke, cinematographer Mark Irwin and actress Amanda Wyss
- Early Days and Night of Vengeance – filmmaker Roy Frumkes remembers Wes Craven and Last House on the Left
- Tales That’ll Tear Your Heart Out – excerpts from an unfinished Wes Craven short
Debuting in the summer of ’72, The Last House on the Left changed the genre forever. The iconic director’s first feature, it’s a favorite among horror purist and exploitation lovers alike. Helping horror move from gothic castles to backyards everywhere, Craven’s film still stands as a chilling work of art. That is, if you can stomach the reality of it all. You know….without pissing ya pants!
Are you excited to pick up Arrow Video’s The Last House on the Left set? Pre-order your copy at Amazon today.