So, you want to be a B-movie actor or actress in horror movies? Think you have what it takes? Break out your devices and take notes because icon Bruce Campbell is going to school you!
I Am Legend
On the IMDB Show, Bruce Campbell gives aspiring B-movie actors and actresses some quick tips on how to get to legendary status. With his tongue firmly planted in his cheek (which must mean he is concentrating pretty hard) he does his best “masterclass” impersonation or maybe it’s an infomercial. Who else is better qualified to teach this subject matter than him?
Bruce has been making B-movies since the ’70s. From the early 8mm shorts that he did with Sam Raimi, Josh Becker and Scott Spiegel to his turn in Evil Dead and beyond, this man plays the game and is clearly winning. Currently, he is appearing in STARZ niche series, Ash vs Evil Dead, which has cemented his cult status for years to come.
Here is Bruce’s advice on becoming an icon:
- L- “Learn. You’re going to learn to be covered in blood.”
- E- “You’re going to want to eat everything on the Crafts Services table because low budget movies are really cheap and the lunches usually blow.”
- G- “As in get ready to scream! I recommend using the diaphragm.”
- E- “Evil. You have to learn how to deal with it. You have to cut it’s head off, you have to dismember it and we have to say the special words…”
- N- “Never lose your cool. As a hero, which I’ve played often, you can’t ever lose your cool because then you wouldn’t be a hero, would you?”
- D- “Now, the final word is D. As in don’t forget to watch Ash vs Evil Dead on STARZ Sundays at 9.”
His parting words, “Now, you’re a legend!”
Check out the video and prepare to take notes. There will be a test later!
Do you think you have what it takes to give Bruce a run for his money? Feel free to share your opinions in the comment section below. We want to hear from you.
Susan Leighton can be found on Twitter and Facebook @SusanontheLedge. She can also be heard talking up Ash vs Evil Dead every Monday night on the Nerdrotics Podcast at 10:30 p.m. ET/7:30 p.m. PT as well as their Pop Culture Wrap Ups every Friday night at 11 p.m. ET/8 p.m. PT.