Haunt was one of the sleeper hits of last year. Now, Ronin Flix is releasing a loaded special-edition Blu-ray, just in time for Halloween.
While almost everyone I know has been anticipating the changing fall weather and the proper arrival of the Halloween season, certain traditions are likely to exist in modified versions this year (if not canceled altogether). One of those events is wandering through local haunted houses, anticipating a jump-scare in each room. If we don’t get our haunted attractions this year, we’re fortunate to have films like Haunt to give us a vicarious spook-house fix.
Haunt premiered in 2019, and gained buzz among the online community when it was added to Shudder‘s horror library. The film currently holds an impressive 6.3/10 average on IMDb, and a 70% at Rotten Tomatoes.
Now, for the cult of fans the film has gained over the past year, the good folks at Ronin Flix have announced a Blu-ray release just in time for Halloween. The 2-disc special edition contains the following:
- NEW To Escape the Haunt: The Making of Haunt featurette
- NEW Audio Commentary with actors Justin Marxen (Clown), Chaney Morrow (Ghost) and Damian Maffei (Devil)
- Audio Commentary with writers/directors Scott Beck and Bryan Woods
- Behind the Haunt
- The Sound of Haunt
- Deleted Scenes with an introduction by Scott and Bryan
- Popcorn Frights Q & A with Scott, Bryan and some of the cast
- Egyptian Theatre Premiere Q & A with Scott and Bryan, moderated by Eli Roth
- Short Film: The Sleepover – Scott and Bryan’s first film
- Director’s Diary
- Theatrical Trailer
And for those who like things for their shelves and walls, this edition offers even more to like:
- Four 16” x 20” movie poster reproductions
- A 16” x 20” reproduction of the haunt map
- Six enamel pins featuring costume masks featured in the film
- Four 2” x 3 ½” replica VHS box-style magnets
There you have it: a figurative goody bag full of delicious supplements to gorge yourself on. Dig in!
Haunt Collector’s Edition will be available on October 22. You can preorder here.
Let us know if you will be picking up the Collector’s Edition in the comments.