Universal Pictures will release Micheal Dougherty’s Krampus on Blu-ray this April 26th
Now here’s a gift that will keep on giving!
According to High-Def Digest, the holiday-horror hit Krampus, the second feature from writer/director Micheal Doughtery (the iconic Trick’r’Treat being his debut film) will be released with a wealth of special features-something becoming rarer and rarer in the reality that is today’s home video market.
Those features will be:
- Feature Commentary With Director/Co-Writer Michael Dougherty and Co-Writers Todd Casey & Zach Shields
- Krampus and His Minions – In this exclusive feature see how Krampus and his twisted underlings gave the visual-effects superstars at Peter Jackson’s New Zealand-based Weta Workshop some creative and technical challenges. Viewers will have an insider look at how Krampus and his evil minions were created and executed.
- Practical Danger – Stunt Coordinator Rodney Cook walks viewers through how the film’s thrilling stunts were done live on set while facing challenges with the creatures, children and set design.
- Inside the Snowglobe: Production Design – Filming almost entirely on sound stages in the middle of summer in New Zealand, the art department and special effects team had to pull out all of their tricks to create sets that were realistic, ready for stunts and practical effects, all while creating the look of a winter wonderland.
- Behind the Scenes at Weta Workshop: Krampus – Go behind-the-scenes at the world famous Weta Workshop to see how they brought the amazing Krampus creatures to life.
- Dougherty’s Vision – In this featurette Director Michael Dougherty, along with the film’s cast and crew, reveal how his approach informed the tone, pacing, humor and performances of Krampus.
- The Naughty Ones: Meet The Cast – At the center of this crazed story, filled with horrifying creatures and massive set pieces, are some of the funniest and most talented actors working today. This piece shines a light on the cast of Krampus as they share their experiences making this movie.
- Alternate Ending
- Deleted and Extended Scenes
- Gag Reel
- Galleries – Still Images from the set
More from 1428 Elm
- The Boulet Brothers’ Dragula has been renewed for a sixth season on Shudder
- Shudder Original It’s a Wonderful Knife: Spoiler-free review
- Shudder releases key art and charity details for Joe Bob’s Creepy Christmas
- Raging Grace: Paris Zarcilla’s award-winning horror is must-watch
- Interview: A Creature Was Stirring’s Damien LeVeck and Connor Paolo
Other, more technical features, include:
- English DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1
Krampus tells the story of the two families coming together to fight the darkest forces of Christmas after one of the families sons summons the Christmas creature known as Krampus. Krampus stars Adam Scott, Toni Collette, and David Koechner. The film was produced by Legendary Pictures and distributed by Universal Pictures from a script co-written and directed by Michael Dougherty. Krampus was made on a budget of $15 Million and went on to gross $42.7 Million domestically, with another $18.8 Million coming from foreign gross.
Horror Heads, I’m pretty excited about this release. While I have some problems with the film- a full in-depth review will be accompanied with the Blu release- I still found Krampus to be highly effective and well worth a few bills from your hard-earned paychecks. It’s a film unlike any I’ve ever seen, and with these features, I simply see no reason not to add this baby to your growing Blu-ray collection. So save Santa the work later and go pick this one up on April 26th and bring Spring a little Ho Ho Horror!
Check out the official trailer below, courtesy of Universal Pictures.
Krampus will be available for purchase on blu-ray DVD on April 26, 2016.