Arrow Video is outdoing themselves yet again with a limited edition Blu-ray of Stuart Gordon’s brilliant ‘Re-Animator.’ Death Is Just The Beginning…
Our Blu-ray machines are become re-animators!
According to DVDActive, Arrow Video is readying a 2-disc limited edition of Stuart Gordon’s Re-Animator. Packing the set to the bones with special features, this Re-Animator set is grounds for a double dip. Just wait until you see the packaging! The set streets July 25.
Check out the supplements and content art below, courtesy of Arrow Video:
— Courtesy of Arrow Video
Re-Animator 2-DISC LIMITED EDITION:
- 4K restorations of the Unrated and Integral versions of the film
- High Definition Blu-ray (1080p) presentation
- Original Stereo 2.0 and 5.1 Audio
- Optional English subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing
- Digipak packaging featuring newly commissioned artwork by Justin Erickson
- Collector’s booklet featuring new writing on the film by writer Michael Gingold
- Re-Animator – the original 1991 comic book adaptation, reprinted in its entirety
DISC 1 – UNRATED VERSION
- Unrated version [86 mins]
- Audio commentary with director Stuart Gordon
- Audio commentary with producer Brian Yuzna, actors Jeffrey Combs, Barbara Crampton, Bruce Abbott, and Robert Sampson
- Re-Animator Resurrectus – documentary on the making of the film, featuring extensive interviews with cast and crew
- Interview with director Stuart Gordon and producer Brian Yuzna
- Interview with writer Dennis Paoli
- Interview with composer Richard Band
- Music Discussion with composer Richard Band
- Interview with former Fangoria editor Tony Timpone
- Barbara Crampton In Conversation – The Re-Animator star sits down with journalist Alan Jones for this career-spanning discussion
- Deleted and Extended Scenes
- Trailer & TV Spots
DISC 2 – INTEGRAL VERSION – LIMITED EDITION EXCLUSIVE
- Integral version [105 mins]
- A Guide to Lovecraftian Cinema – Brand new featurette looking at the many various cinematic incarnations of writer H.P. Lovecraft’s work
- PLUS MORE TO BE ANNOUNCED!
More from 1428 Elm
- The Boulet Brothers’ Dragula has been renewed for a sixth season on Shudder
- Shudder Original It’s a Wonderful Knife: Spoiler-free review
- Shudder releases key art and charity details for Joe Bob’s Creepy Christmas
- Raging Grace: Paris Zarcilla’s award-winning horror is must-watch
- Interview: A Creature Was Stirring’s Damien LeVeck and Connor Paolo
This set is enough to re-animate the dead!
Accompanying other classics in the “Year of the Zombie” in 1985, Stuart Gordon’s Re-Animator is beyond brilliant. With its crazy comedy meshing amazingly well with the carnage, the Herbert West tale is one of the most beloved films in the history of horror.
Continuing its venture into US soil, UK company Arrow Video keeps impressing with its packaging and film selection. While they’ve always treated the British to brilliance, recently US fans have gotten a stunning 3-disc Donnie Darko, as well as a great House set featuring the first two films. The label’s also given us a nice Bride of Re-Animator set, the second film in the series.
So, are you picking up this Re-Animator set from Arrow Video on July 25?